Thursday, November 4, 2010

For The Love of the Cake!

I was driving home from work last evening when my sweet daughter-in-law returned my phone call. During the course of our conversation she stated she needed my icing recipe again, as she and J were going for their second attempt to create another 3 tier cake, this time for J's niece's 1st birthday.  I was reminded of the cake  in these photographs   (transported in an ice chest from Kansas to Dallas) M & J made as a surprise for my wedding.  Intially M called my best friend S for some direction for this creation, explaining to her it was kind of a "hoax."  S warned her it would not be a hoax and most likely show up at the wedding reception.  It did!  When I saw what these two sweet girls had done to honor my wedding - well, the tears began to flow... I made both of their wedding cakes!  Love, love sharing the gift, passion, and art with the next generation.  




The cake was delicious!
 



No comments: